Monday, October 5, 2009

Freaking out a little

I sent an email to my editor today asking if there was any news about my book. He wrote back to tell me that there was yet another delay, but that I should know something within three weeks. Okay, fine. Then he says:

So, are your revisions done?

I almost lost my lunch. I haven't been doing any revisions because I was waiting to see what the board says! But, as I learned from a subsequent email, it turns out the board just says yes or no, and you can pretty much do whatever you want with the final version.

So I could have been doing revisions for the last two months, an hour or two at a time, but now I have to try to do them all within the next three weeks.

I'm now in panic mode, trying to get together a plan for how to proceed. I do not work well under pressure--I like to have a plan and a reasonable amount of time to accomplish any given task. I now foresee late nights, long Saturdays in the office, other projects getting pushed back, and at least 10 pounds of weight gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment